Title: Employment Coordinator
Organization: Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 – $34,000 with benefits based on education and experience
Email resume and cover letter: email@example.com
The Employment Coordinator must be a highly motivated, independent person who has a passion for community engagement and the expertise to effectively perform this multi-faceted position. This position demands someone with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining organization and open communication with staff and the community.
A few areas of emphasis are
- Youth ages 14 to 21
- Foster care youth
- Community members with criminal backgrounds
- Oversees the implementation of the Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center’s programs and related computer lab activities.
- Develops relationships with employers and community members to create employment opportunities for residents.
- Provides intensive employment counseling services to a targeted group of clients and tracks corresponding case notes.
- Develop a weekly and monthly schedule of employer events and markets these events to the ENEC’s client base.
- Interacts with employers and other institution partners to create employment and training opportunities for local residents.
- Manages the staffing schedule to ensure that the center is open during scheduled program hours.
- Supervises interns and volunteers—including volunteer recruitment and scheduling.
- Manages the orientation of all new staff and volunteers.
- Advertises ENEC’s services to local neighborhood residents.
- Works with staff to ensure laptops and other technology is functioning properly.
- Ensures the cleanliness and security of the ENEC.
- Monitor participant enrollment and participation rates and works with staff to take appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Implements and monitors mechanisms for tracking all program outcome data.
- Develops all program and funder reports.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of program management experience
- Criminal, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- A valid PA driver’s license and functioning vehicle
- Computer Skills: proficient in Microsoft office and database management
- Work experience with community groups and urban youth preferred
The incumbent generally performs the duties of the position at a computer lab location or in the surrounding community. He/she will have extensive direct contact with clients and will spend some time out of the office. Extensive communication with employers and other agencies is necessary. The position involves periodic automobile transportation use. The position involves working with highly confidential information.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks that are within their abilities other than those specifically presented in this document.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered in appropriate circumstances. However, as the nature of an accommodation may vary depending on the needs and desire of an individual with a disability, it is impossible to describe in advance, specific accommodations that will be considered.
We care about getting you to work…
For more than 20 years, the Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC) has helped low- to moderate-income residents get on the path to prosperity. Conveniently located at 5321 Penn Avenue in the Pittsburgh neighborhood of Garfield, the ENEC helps the East End community grow by providing its residents with all of the help they need to compete in today’s job market. In addition to hosting on-site employer interviews and job fairs, the ENEC offers workforce skills and job readiness training, career counseling, and even job placement!
The ENEC offers free assistance with:
- Up-to-date job postings - Click here to find out more
- Computer and internet applications
- Resume writing
- Job counseling
- Copy and fax services