Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center is Hiring!!
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Coordinator (5321 Penn Avenue)
Compensation: $30,000 — $34,000 with benefits based on education and experience
Employment type: full-time (non-profit organization)
Title: Employment Coordinator
Organization: Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC)
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 — $34,000 with benefits based on education and experience
The Employment Coordinator must be a highly motivated, independent person who has a passion for community engagement and the expertise to effectively perform this multi-faceted position. This position demands someone with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining organization and open communication with staff and the community.
A few areas of emphasis are
* Youth ages 14 to 21
* Youth aging out of the foster care system
* Community members with criminal backgrounds
* Chronically unemployed individuals
1. Oversees the implementation of the Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center’s programs and related computer lab activities.
2. Develops relationships with employers and community members to create employment opportunities for residents.
3. Provides employment counseling services to a targeted group of clients and tracks corresponding case notes.
4. Develop a weekly and monthly schedule of employer events and markets these events to the ENEC’s client base.
5. Manages the staffing schedule to ensure that the center is open during scheduled program hours.
6. Supervises interns and volunteers–including volunteer recruitment and scheduling.
7. Manages the orientation of volunteers.
8. Advertises ENEC’s services to local neighborhood residents.
9. Works with staff to ensure laptops and other technology is functioning properly.
10. Ensures the cleanliness and security of the ENEC.
11. Monitor participant enrollment and participation rates and works with staff to take appropriate corrective actions when necessary. Accountable to the accomplishment of client grant outcomes.
12. Implements and monitors mechanisms for tracking all program outcome data.
13. Develop program and funder reports.
14. Conduct regular employer and client recruit campaigns including mass mailings and phone call making.
15. Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of program experience
* Criminal, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
* A valid PA driver’s license and functioning vehicle
* Computer Skills: proficient in Microsoft office and database management
* Work experience with community groups and urban youth preferred
* Ability to conduct training’s
* Proficient writer and capable of creating high quality promotional materials
The incumbent generally performs the duties of the position at a computer lab location or in the surrounding community. He/she will have extensive direct contact with clients. Extensive communication and relationship building with employers and other agencies is necessary. The position involves automobile transportation use. The position involves working with highly confidential information. The work schedule will require flexibility with evening and weekend hours.
ENEC and a few of its partner organizations are looking to hire for the Spring and Summer of 2016!! Find more info by clicking here!
We care about getting you to work…
For more than 20 years, the Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC) has helped low- to moderate-income residents get on the path to prosperity. Conveniently located at 5321 Penn Avenue in the Pittsburgh neighborhood of Garfield, the ENEC helps the East End community grow by providing its residents with all of the help they need to compete in today’s job market. In addition to hosting on-site employer interviews and job fairs, the ENEC offers workforce skills and job readiness training, career counseling, and even job placement!
The ENEC offers free assistance with:
- Computer and internet applications
- Resume writing
- Job counseling
- Copy and fax services
The ENEC’s services are available for anyone age 16 and over. For more information, call the office at 412-362-8580 or visit us at 5321 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15224.